Briefly in English
Ortodoksi.net is a website created and administrated by private members of the Finnish Orthodox Church. The official site of the Finnish Orthodox Church is available at ort.fi. Finnish Orthodox Church is a canonical autonomous Church and our Mother Church is Constantinople.
The word “Ortodoksi” means Orthodox in Finnish language. The site is developed for all Orthodox believers and those who are interested in the Orthodox Church. The site is under constant development and our team appreciates all suggestions how to make it work better. You may also send us publishing material for the site. All rights for the material remain with its original developer.
Ortodoksi.net is currently mostly in Finnish. We’ll translate as much as possible for our team of volunteers. For now we have the only some pages in English.
You can also find some materials in English here.
The material that is in Finnish include for example
- Instructions for those who work with parish and Church
- List of Orthodox literature published in Finnish
- Information packet from six cooperating parishes and their publication
- Basic information about
- Bishops and Saints in Orthodox Church
- Orthodox terminology and traditions
- Prayers and liturgical texts
- Finnish Orthodox Church